May 25, 2013

New WBFS for Mac OS X Mountain Lion Fix

Ok so many of you Mac users like myself are familiar with WBFS for Mac OS X. As a result you may know that Mountain Lion practically broke the program when it was released last year. Still no fix has been implemented by the official developers. In addition to this, some of you may be familiar with the workaround to run the application as the root user using Terminal.

You simply type: sudo "/Applications/WBFS for MacOS X.app/Contents/MacOS/WBFS for MacOS X"

This is assuming the app is in your Applications folder on you mac.

Well I have some news. After working pretty much all of yesterday in applescript, I have created a launcher that does that for you (for those people who are not quite as tech saavy or scared to touch Terminal). The launcher will also serve as a way to take out the annoying process of using terminal to launch the backup manager EVERY TIME you want to use it (this is part of the reason I made it).

Anyhow, there are a few things I'd like to test before I officially release a download, but I will let you know when I do. Packaged with the launcher will be the app itself and a read me file.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you!!!! Such a simple thing and it totally worked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the launcher works now? When I use the sudo command, It says " command not found"
    Can you help me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the application in the Applications folder of your mac? Because the sudo command points to a location within the app, but first it must know where the app is located. If you are using the app from a different location, replace "/Applications" with the folder the app is located in. For instance if it is in Downloads inside a folder called WBFS, you'd type "/Users/(replace this with your user folder name)/Downloads/WBFS/WBFS for MacOS X.app/Contents/MacOS/WBFS for MacOS X"

      Hope that helps!

      Delete